With the dawn of a new year comes an increased focus on self-improvement. We create resolutions and goals that help us become better people – laugh more, lose a few pounds, spend more time with family. We all want to accomplish more, but sometimes we need a little help refocusing ourselves. Here are a few ideas that may help increase your productivity:
1. Know yourself. Some people work better in the mornings, while others are night owls. Figure out when you are the most productive and make sure to schedule your tasks appropriately....
It’s that time. You have to give a presentation to a large audience and you want to make sure you keep them engaged from beginning to end. You’re worried about people talking and/or playing on their cell phones during your presentation – or worse yet, hearing snores.
Don’t worry. By using the following tips and techniques, you can make even a presentation about civil service reform interesting:
1. Start by stating a fact that is amusing, remarkable, or troubling: A great opening “hook” statement will engage your audience from the get-go.
2. Ask powerful questions: One great way to keep...
Procrastination is something everyone faces in some degree. For some, procrastination may come from a fear of failure, being overwhelmed by an intensive project or becoming distracted. But no matter its cause, procrastination delays action and impedes success. Here are four suggestions to destroy procrastination before it starts.
1. Do not settle for less – A general lack of passion for a job or a task can lead to procrastination. When you settle for less everything feels unimportant. Find joy and purpose in your work – look for what is good and satisfying in...
Goal setting is one of the Success Formula’s 5 Key Success Drivers, and serves as the focus of a recent article in the Direct Selling News. In an article titled, “Personal Strategic Clarity: Know your Goals and Focus to Get Results,” author Tony Jeary presents eight tactics to help you set goals to get the results you want. The eight tactics are:
1. Purpose – Without purpose one is lost. “[Purpose] paints the picture of where you are going and why it is important…”