Social media is the place to be with 3.2 billion active users worldwide in 2019, equating to about 42% of the current population. With this increase in users and the number of engaged audiences projected to continue to grow, social media has created a powerful shift in the way that customers engage with brands. If you don’t have a presence on social media, you’re missing out on the opportunity to engage with an audience that’s ready and willing to connect.
It can be difficult to get noticed in the crowded social media space. Below are our top tips to help you stand out:
1. Make a plan: It is important that when you use social media as a marketing tool that you make a plan. As without a plan there is no way of knowing what you’re trying to achieve and if you have achieved it. Taking the time to create a social media plan upfront will ensure that all your social efforts support your business goals.
2. Understand your audience: In order to succeed on social media, you must understand your audience; what are their interests, what motivates them and what frustrates them. Once you know your audience you can then make an informed decision on what platforms they are engaging with and what content will resonate with them.
3. Use the right platforms: There are multiple social media platforms to choose from including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, this list goes on. It is important that you use social media platforms which are right for you and your business.
4. Focus your messaging: Having a focused message will help you create higher quality content that is on brand and resonates with your audience. When you have a solid message that you don’t stray from, you can count on your social media posts to always be relevant to your audience.
5. Monitor conversations: It is important to monitor conversations about your business online and respond where appropriate. Responding quickly to comments and establishing a consistent online presence builds trust and credibility among consumers. Liking, commenting, sharing, tagging and participating will strengthen online relationships and build trust.
6. Stay up to date with trends: Social media is constantly changing. In order to stay relevant in the digital landscape it is important to stay up to date with trends and use relevant hashtags to target the content that you share. This will allow you to break through the noise on social media and stand out from the crowd.
Social media is everywhere, it is powerful, it is unavoidable, and it is here to stay. It is important to remember that social media is not a stand-alone tool. You should be providing your customers with multiple touch points to engage, whether these be online or offline.
To stay up to date with the latest Nu Skin Pacific business activities, incentives, upcoming events, corporate announcements and more make sure you are following our social media networks: