First Things First: A 6-step guide to using skincare products
March 21, 2014
Each Nu Skin product is designed with a specific purpose in mind. With more than 200 Nu Skin products available, some people may be unsure in which order to use the products. Follow these simple steps when using skincare products to maximize your benefits.
1. Cleanse: Whether morning or night, it’s always a good idea to start with a clean slate. Washing away dirt, pollutants and excess oil promotes good hygiene and is the first step to having healthy, youthful looking skin.
2. Tone: Toning prepares the skin to receive benefits from other products, calms and soothes skin and minimizes the appearance of pores.
3. Spa Step: “Spa” products like masks and exfoliants are supplementary products to facial regimens and are used only 2 to 3 times per week. They help remove dead skin cells that build up on the surface of your skin, assisting with cell turnover, removing or supplying extra hydration, drawing out impurities or providing nourishment .
4. Treat. When key components within the skin are compromised it leads to signs of premature aging. Treatment products are specially formulated to target those key skin components to return to or maintain a youthful appearance.
a. Serums. Nu Skin’s serums contain nutrient-rich ingredients that help in diminish the appearance of lines and wrinkles, brighten your skin and reveal a younger, fresher look.
b. Spot treatment. If needed, use a spot treatment to take care of acne, lines and wrinkles or spots.
c. Eye cream. Designed specifically for the delicate skin around your eyes, Nu Skin’s eye creams help with dark circles, crow’s feet and puffiness revealing more youthful eyes. Make sure to apply eye creams twice daily.
5. Moisturizer. Moisturizers seal everything in and get rid of dry skin. In the morning, use a moisturizer with broad spectrum SPF to protect your skin from damaging effects of UV rays. A richer moisturizer is usually used at night to assist with the skin’s natural repair process during sleep.
6. Make up. Now that your skin is prepped, it is ready for makeup. Make sure to apply makeup on a dry face.
Depending on your skin type, decide which Nu Skin products will work for you in each step. These steps done regularly will help you keep that youthful look for years to come.