Beauty comes from within
Beauty comes from within
Here at Nu Skin we understand that achieving the best you involves more than just caring for yourself on the outside, it begins from within. While makeup and skin care can make us look and feel great on the outside, to enhance your true beauty it is important to pay attention to your insides.
In recent years we have seen a significant increase in the demand for beauty supplements. It is anticipated that the market will continue to grow as people are becoming more concerned about their aesthetic appeal, appearance and their health. A study showed that by the end of 2020 it is estimated that the market will reach $8 billion.¹
The phrase beauty comes from within doesn’t only refer to your attitude and personality, improving your internal health can also have a fantastic physical effect. While most people try and improve their skin, hair and nails from the outside, the real secret comes from within. It starts with good nutrition and key dietary and beauty supplements.
Beauty comes from within and here are our tips on what to do:
Nourishing your body from the inside with enough key nutrients is important, helping improve the condition of your skin, hair and nails. Here are 5 foods we recommend to optimise your diet for that natural beauty.
1. Gac fruit: Eating a good diet rich in fruit not only promotes a healthy body and mind but also healthy skin. Gac fruit is important to incorporate into your diet as it is high in naturally occurring carotenoids, antioxidants and other nutrients that when combined can help protect the collagen protein that strengthens the skin, for a more healthy, glowing complexion.
2. Avocado: Most people love avocado for making guacamole, but did you know that it has great beauty benefits for your skin and hair? With over twenty vitamins and minerals, eating avocados regularly can help improve your skin and hair from within. For further benefits you can even apply an avocado as a tropical treatment, leaving skin supple and locks more luscious.
3. Turmeric: Turmeric contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory components. This is an important spice to consume on a regular basis as it helps provide glow to the skin, heal cracked feet and prevent the loss of hair. This one ingredient has so many beauty benefits.
4. Bee Pollen: Packed with nutrients which support your beauty and your energy, Bee Pollen is one of the best foods for your skin and is a complete protein source, with twenty-two amino acids that are essential to produce new skin cells.
5. Green tea: Green tea contains a powerful antioxidant called EGCG which fights DNA damage. By incorporating Green tea into your diet or applying topically you can fight signs of ageing.
If you don’t regularly consume beauty foods sometimes it is important to give your body a boost in the form of supplements. A few supplements we recommend to help you feel your best include:
1. Anti-ageing supplements: Supplements that give you the power to defy your age are important as they allow you to feel more active, energetic and healthy for longer. No one wants to look or feel old; the key is to give the body what it needs so it can continue to do what it is designed to do, live young.
2. Energy supplements: One of the noticeable signs of ageing is that we lose our youthful spark and begin to lack energy. Starting today you can change this by including energy supplements into your diet. This will help you feel refreshed and renewed every day. Using energy supplements will also improve your participation in physical activity, helping you overcome barriers of fatigue, slow recovery rate and even pain.
3. Cell protection supplements: Participating in physical activity, smoking, alcohol and air pollution can all produce substances called free radicals which attack healthy cells. It is important to take cell protection supplements to fight and neutralise these free radicals.
4. Immune support supplements: Taking supplements can be beneficial for your body, helping you boost your immune system and fight off diseases. Immune support supplements can provide long-term nutritional support to assist in the maintenance of your general well-being.
5. Mood support supplements: Many people suffer from feeling anxious, stressed, tired, restless and run down. Supporting your brain with mood-boosting supplements can relieve symptoms and help you fight against these feelings. Mood support supplements are important for good health.
Remember, beauty comes from within and nourishing yourself from the inside will always show on the outside. Here at Nu Skin Pacific in addition to helping you look your best, we are committed to optimising the way you feel.
¹ Campbell, L 2017, ‘Do beauty drinks and supplements really work?’, Huffington Post, https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2017/07/11/do-beauty-drinks-and-supplements-really-work_a_23025795/