Guidelines For Brand Affiliates Promoting The Nourish The Children® Initiative (2018.10.12)
Guidelines For Brand Affiliates Promoting The Nourish The Children ® Initiative
October 12, 2018
A brand affiliate (distributor) should emphasize the following points in every presentation they present to non brand affiliates (distributors) involving Nourish The Children® (NTC). Strict adherence to these guidelines will allow the initiative to continue feeding hungry children:
PLACE PRIMARY FOCUS ON THE OVERALL BUSINESS OF NU SKIN
• NTC is part of Nu Skin’s overall business, which includes the opportunities available with Pharmanex and Nu Skin.
• NTC should never be presented as a stand-alone business opportunity.
• Customers and brand affiliates (distributors) should be provided the opportunity to buy other products in addition to VitaMeal®.
• Presenting NTC as a stand-alone program may create the misconception that NTC is a charity soliciting donations.
MAKE IT CLEAR THAT NOURISH THE CHILDREN IS NOT A CHARITY
• NTC is not a division or entity, but simply a initiative that facilitates the donation of purchased products to charities for the benefit of children in need.
• Never portray NTC as a charity, either directly or indirectly. NTC is a for-profit venture. It is the power of the profit structure that gives long-term viability to the initiative. The cost structure for VitaMeal is similar to other Nu Skin products with commissions, overhead, manufacturing, and profit.
• NTC is registered as “commercial co-venture” in the appropriate states, which is a joint effort between a for-profit and nonprofit organization. The initiative may be compared to a grocery store that cooperates with a food bank so that customers can easily donate their purchases.
EXPLAIN THAT NTC WORKS JOINTLY WITH FEED THE CHILDREN AND OTHER AUTHORIZED CHARITIES
• Feed the Children is a registered 501(c)(3) charity and handles the VitaMeal donations from Nourish the Children, Nu Skin, and Nu Skin brand affiliates (distributors) from the United States. Feed the Children and other carefully selected charities receive and distribute donations from brand affiliates (distributors).
• NTC’s affiliation with Feed the Children and other charities should be emphasized in every presentation.
• Nu Skin’s family of brand affiliates (distributors) and customers only donate products to charities through Nourish the Children, so no brand affiliate (distributor) or company funds are used to cover charity overhead.
DO NOT SOLICIT OR ACCEPT CASH OR OTHER DONATIONS
• Brand affiliates (Distributors) may not solicit cash donations or contributions for NTC or Feed the Children. Brand affiliates (Distributors) should encourage others to purchase VitaMeal, which may then be donated through NTC, to their own cause directly, or consumed personally.
• Brand affiliates (Distributors) may explain that Nu Skin will make certain matching contributions to Feed the Children and other charities as we facilitate the donation by those who choose to purchase and donate through NTC.
ALL NTC-RELATED EVENTS MUST COMPLY WITH THESE GUIDELINES
• Any event with the public must adhere to the guidelines above by positioning NTC as part of the Nu Skin business, promoting Nu Skin and/or Pharmanex products along side NTC products, identifying NTC as a for-profit initiative, and offering product to sell rather soliciting cash donations.
• Holding a Nourish the Children fundraiser is prohibited. Brand affiliates (Distributors) do not “raise money” for Nourish the Children—they sell bags of VitaMeal, which may then be donated.
• You may not hold a “silent auction” or any similar type of activity generally associated with a charity event.