Credit Information Policy
• This Credit Information Policy explains how Nu Skin Enterprises Australia, Inc. (“Nu Skin”, “us” or “we”) will manage your credit information.
Our handling of your credit information is in compliance with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Privacy (Credit
Credit Information Collected
• We collect various types of information from you when you submit a completed Master Lease and Licensing Agreement (“the Lease
Agreement”) to Nu Skin to lease a Biophotonic Scanner (“the Scanner”). The information collected includes information used to identify
you, for example, your full name, Nu Skin Distributor ID Number, phone number, email address, street address and credit card details.
• Nu Skin also keeps a record of the payments you make (and the timing of those payments) in respect of your lease of the Scanner.
Use of Credit Information
• We collect, hold and use the above identification and payment information (collectively the “credit information”) for the purpose of
processing your Lease Agreement and providing you with access to the commercial lease terms. From time to time, we may also use this
information to review our credit arrangements with you.
• We may also use your credit information:
• to advise you when payments are overdue and to collect overdue payments from you;
• to advise you when your credit card is due to expire and we require you to update your details so that your next payment may be
• for internal management purposes, which are directly related to the management of commercial credit; and
• to comply with any applicable legal or regulatory requirements.
Disclosure of Credit Information
• From time to time, we may disclose your credit information to, for example, debt collection agencies.
• Where we do provide your credit information to third parties, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy is protected.
• We may also disclose you credit information to members of the Nu Skin Group of Companies located in Australia, New Zealand and the
• We take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that we maintain strict standards and procedures to:
• protect your credit information from misuse, interference and loss; and
• protect your credit information from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Access and Correction of Your Credit Information
• Nu Skin is committed to ensuring that the credit information we:
• use relating to you is accurate, up-to-date and complete; and
• disclose in relation to you is accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant.
• You can access the credit information Nu Skin holds about you by contacting our Personal Data Protection Officer as follows:
By post to: Personal Data Protection Officer
Nu Skin Enterprises Australia, Inc.
PO Box 116 North Ryde BC, NSW 1670
By telephone to: (02) 9491 0900
By email to: email@example.com
Effective September 2014
NU SKIN ENTERPRISES AUSTRALIA, INC.
• We will allow access unless we consider that there is a sound reason under the Privacy Act or other relevant law to withhold access. If we
refuse to provide you with access, we will provide you with a written notice setting out the reasons for the refusal (unless it is unreasonable
to do so). If you are not satisfied with our response, you may then make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.
• If you believe your information is inaccurate or incorrect, you may also request the correction of the credit information Nu Skin holds about
you by contacting Nu Skin’s Personal Data Protection Officer using the contact details above.
• Please contact us whenever there is a change to your credit information.
• If we are satisfied that the information requires correction, we will take such steps as are reasonable, if any, in the circumstances to correct the
information within thirty (30) days of the date on which you made the correction request. This period may be extended if you agree in writing.
• If we correct your credit information, we will provide you with a written notice of correction within a reasonable timeframe.
• If we do not correct the information, we will provide you with a written notice stating that the correction has not been made, which will also
include our reasons for not making the correction.
• If you have a complaint regarding the way in which your credit information is being handled by us, please contact us in the first instance by
contacting Nu Skin’s Data Protection Officer using the contact details above and provide us with the nature of your complaint.
• On receipt of your complaint we will, within seven (7) days of receiving the complaint, provide you with written notice acknowledging the
making of the complaint and setting out how we propose to investigate and deal with the complaint.
• We will then investigate / deal with the complaint.
• Within thirty (30) days of receiving the complaint, we will endeavour to make a decision regarding the complaint and provide you with a
notice setting out our decision and other matters required by law.
• If we cannot respond to you within thirty (30) days, we will notify you of the reasons why before the expiry of the thirty (30) days and we will
seek your agreement to an extension of the time, as well as inform you of when you can expect our response.
• If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may take your concern to Privacy Commissioner.
Changes to this Credit Information Policy
• Nu Skin may make changes to this Credit Information Policy from time to time for any reason whatsoever. We will publish any changes on
this website. By continuing to use our website or by continuing to provide us with your credit information, you confirm your acceptance of
• Prior to acting or omitting to act in reliance on the matters set out in this Credit Information Policy, we recommend that you review the
Credit Information Policy published on our website at www.nuskin.com.au to ensure you are guided by the most up-to-date version of this
• If you have any questions, complaints or require feedback about this Credit Information Policy, please contact our Personal Data Protection
• post to the Nu Skin Personal Data Protection Officer, Nu Skin Enterprises Australia, Inc., PO Box 116, North Ryde BC, NSW 1670;
• by telephone on (02) 9491 0900; or
• by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For clarity, we are happy to deal with any enquiry or complaint you may have even if you do not identify yourself or use a pseudonym (to
the extent practical).