RENE KALMER BIOGRAPHY
- 1997 SA Junior and Senior titles in the 1500m cross country and SA 10km titles
- 1998 was ranked the number one junior in the world over 1500m (4:09.86min)
- 2002 Siver medalist in the World Student Cross Country Championship in Spain.
- Spar Ladies Grand Prix titles 2007,2009 and 2012
- 2008 Represented South Africa in the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games in 1500m
- 2009 Finished 15th at the World Half Marathon Championships in Birmigham
- First place in the Soweto Marathon (new course record 2:44;06).
- 2010 Bettered the SA indoor track records for 1500m,3000m and 5000m and qualified for the final at the World Indoor Championships in Doha, Qatar.
- 38 South African Senior and Junior titles in track and field, cross country and road running.
- Winner of 28 Spar Ladies 10km races from 1998 to 2012.
- Qualified for the 2012 London Olympic Marathon with a time of 2:29:59 in Yokohama
- Represented South Africa at the 2012 London Olympic Games, finished 35th with a time of 2:30:51
- Two time Olympian, 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, China in the 1500m and 2012 Olympic Games in London in the marathon.
- Holder of 40 South African Junior and Senior titles. Former South African Champion in the 800m, 1500m, 3000m, 5000m, 10km, 21.1km and cross country.
- 4th on the South African all time marathon list with 2:29:27 set in Berlin 2014
Interested in more? Get to know Rene better: http://www.runnersworld.co.za/rene-kalmer/
Rene is sponsored with LifePak Nano, G3 Juice, Overdrive and ageLOC Vitality, ageLOC Transformation and Sunright 50.