Epoch® Ava Puhi Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
Epoch® Ava Puhi Moni Anti-Dandruff Shampoo 250ml
Contains Zinc Pyrithione to help fight dandruff, adding luster and shine to your hair.
Questions & Answers
- What is dandruff?
Dandruff is a chronic scalp condition characterized by excessive flaking and is also associated with itching and redness. In a healthy scalp, new skin cells are continually formed at the lowest level of the skin and move toward the outer surface where they become flat and are invisibly shed. The movement of these cells to the outer layer usually takes about 28 days. With dandruff, however, the movement is accelerated to 7-21 days. As a result, rather than being shed as separate, microscopic cells, they are shed as large clumps of hundreds or even thousands of cells, commonly known as "flakes."
What causes dandruff?
Most specialists believe that dandruff is linked to a tiny fungus that lives naturally on the scalp. For most, this fungus lives peacefully on skin, but for people with dandruff, the skin reacts abnormally to the presence of this fungus. This causes the rate of cell renewal to speed from 28 days to 11 days, and the cells are shed in large noticeable clumps (flakes).
How long will it take for me to see results using Epoch Ava Puhi Anti-Dandruff Shampoo?
Results will vary depending on the severity of your dandruff, but most people notice improvement within two weeks.
- Gentle enough to be used daily, even on permed or color-treated hair.
- Helps control and prevent dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis.
- Contains ethnobotanical ingredient ava puhi for healthy luster and shine.
- Contains Clematis lungustifolia, used by Ancient Europeans to soothe dry, flaking skin.
- Contains the ethnobotanical ingredients sage and nettle, used by Native Americans to help alleviate the symptoms of dandruff.
- Safety-allergy-dermatologist tested.
- A donation of $0.25 from each Epoch product sold goes toward the Nu Skin Force for Good Foundation, a nonprofit organization committed to fostering lasting improvements around the world.
- Clematis (clematis lungustifolia) leaves-used by Ancient Europeans to soothe dry and flaky skin.
- Sage and nettle-soothe skin.
- Ava puhi-a Polynesian bulb-like flower, gently cleanses and conditions the scalp, leaving hair looking healthy.
- Zinc pyrithione-to help treat dandruff by preventing itching, scaling, and irritation.