12 December 2017
1. The personally identifiable information that you provide is considered confidential and except as otherwise explained below in Paragraph C, such information will not be provided to others.
2. Nu Skin employs the technology of Verisign, as evidenced by the Verisign Secure Site Seal on the Web Site. This means that all information sent to the Web Site, if in a Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) session with Nu Skin, is encrypted, protecting such information against disclosure to third parties as further explained below in Paragraph D.
B. The information Nu Skin Collects
1. General Information
Nu Skin may collect certain General Information via the Web Site and Apps automatically, including “site usage” information of all visitors. Such data is used only in the aggregate. General Information helps Nu Skin to determine general usage patterns and modify the Web Site and Apps in order to enhance user’s experience. This type of General Information may be shared with third parties any time.
Nu Skin may, at times, use a technology nicknamed “cookies” that tells Nu Skin how and when pages in our Web Site are visited, and by how many people. Cookies used by Nu Skin do not collect Personal Information and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other Personal Information to determine who you are or even what your email address is. We may also provide statistical General Information to Nu Skin affiliates as to how our customers use our Web Site. The Web Site may include content from other parties that may perform user activity tracking other than that described herein. In particular, some of our third- party vendors may use “cookies” in ways that we do not.
2. Personal Information
There are times when Nu Skin may specifically ask for information about you when you sign up to use a service or when you order a product. Nu Skin may collect your Personal Information, including but not limited to your names, Internet address, billing address, type of computer, and credit card number etc., in order to provide that service or product to you. We may also use that Personal Information to let you know of product and service information about which you might be interested. You may choose whether to receive relevant promotional information of Nu Skin.
3. If you have chosen to pay for your purchases using a credit card not issued to you, you confirm that the holder to whom such credit card has been issued (the “Cardholder”) has consented to the use of his/her credit card in relation to your purchase. You also confirm that the Cardholder has agreed that Nu Skin may collect, use and disclose his/her Personal Information for the purpose of processing your purchase. You agree and undertake to comply with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap 486) (the “PDPO”) with respect to the treatment of the Personal Information of the Cardholder and shall comply with such reasonable directives and/or requests of Nu Skin Enterprises Hong Kong, LLC for the purpose of complying with the PDPO.
C. Use and Disclosure of Information
1. How Nu Skin Uses the Information
You acknowledge and agree that Nu Skin has right to collect, use, and disclose your Personal Information and General Information and any other information (collectively “Information”) that Nu Skin collects from you or about you through its Web Site and Apps. Except as otherwise prescribed herein, unless Nu Skin has your consent, or is required by law, Nu Skin will not share your Information with any third party.
2. Information Shared with A Third Party
Notwithstanding the above, Nu Skin may disclose your Information with a third party in the following circumstances:
(1) An affiliate of Nu Skin
(2) A third party in the event that Nu Skin sells all or part of its assets to such third party or merges with or is acquired by the third party;
(3) A third- party vendor if it is necessary to provide you with a product or service that you have requested;
(4) Nu Skin may disclose your Information to the third party If it is required by law or legal process, to respond to claims, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Nu Skin or others.
D. Security Procedures
E. Governing Law
F. By signing up, registration and access to the Web Site and Apps, you understand and agree that Nu Skin will collect, use and disclose your Personal Information including but not limited to your name, address, telephone number, email address, identity card number/passport number and date of birth in order to provide product and services and other relevant matters (including but not limited to product sales, management and promotion of relevant online services, accounting services and Apps services) of Nu Skin. You agree that Nu Skin may transfer your Personal Information and the Personal Information you provided to the third party in Hong Kong and/ or outside of Hong Kong for the purposes stated above. You have the right by law to request to access to or correction of your Personal Information. You understand if you fail to provide your Personal Information or the Personal Information you provided is inaccurate, Nu Skin will not be able to provide our product and services to you. You may contact the Data Protection Officer of Nu Skin to make the above request by addressing to 10/F, Lee Garden II, 28 Yun Ping Road, Causeway Bay or by calling (852) 2837 7700. You also agree a reasonable handling fee shall be charged and payable by you for processing of your data access requests.
H. Linked Internet Websites
This Web Site provides hyperlinks which are highlighted pictures or words, when clicked, you and your documents may be taken to other web sites which are not controlled by Nu Skin. Web sites of these hyperlinks may contain privacy terms that are different from those provided herein depending on different providers. Nu Skin is not responsible for the collection, use, or disclosure of information collected through these web sites or links, and Nu Skin expressly disclaims any or all liabilities in relation to the collection, use, or disclosure of the other web sites mentioned above.