ACCURATE AND TRUTHFUL PRODUCT AND OPPORTUNITY CLAIMS = GOOD BUSINESS
At Nu Skin, we always strive to live up the highest standards of ethical and honest behavior. Maintaining the integrity of our marketing claims for our products and opportunity is essential to our reputation and promoting a healthy growing business.
In that respect, it is extremely important that all Brand Affiliates understand appropriate claims and how to truthfully and accurately promote our products and our business.
The documents provided in this section contain important information regarding what to do and not to do with respect to our product and opportunity claims. We invite all our Brand Affiliates to carefully review those documents. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our legal department or our marketing department for additional guidance.
From time-to-time, the company will issue important updates or “advisories” that could have a meaningful impact on a Brand Affiliate’s business and the company’s reputation. We ask that Brand Affiliates check back often, as business advisories can and will change on a regular basis. Please be advised that violating any of the advisories listed below could result in disciplinary action. Please see the “Contact Us” section for information on how to contact the company with questions or report violations.
- As we all know, Nu Skin and its Brand Affiliates are prohibited from making claims or representations that our products can cure, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. This prohibition includes any statements that our products will in any way prevent or minimize the risk of COVID-19.
- Brand Affiliates should not, either directly or indirectly, reference COVID-19 when talking about our products. Such references imply the same inappropriate claims mentioned above and can include language such as “Given the outbreak,” “Under the current circumstances,” or “In times like these.”
- Brand Affiliates should not use COVID-19 or the economic impact of the pandemic in their marketing materials or promotion of the business opportunity.
- Brand Affiliates should not market or promote that our products have been designated as “essential.” Nu Skin is working hard to treat them in this manner, but any promotion of this may incorrectly imply that we have received government endorsement or approval.
- Brand Affiliates may not use the Nu Skin name or products to solicit or facilitate in-kind donations to third-party organizations (health care workers, hospitals, charities, etc.). Brand Affiliates may, however, promote donations and relief efforts undertaken by Nu Skin as announced on official company websites and social media pages.
Notwithstanding the above, Nu Skin encourages all Brand Affiliates to continue promoting both the products and the business opportunity in accordance with policy as well as the Opportunity Testimonial Guidelines and Product Testimonial Guidelines. We will continue to be a force for good by empowering and uplifting others through our products and opportunity.
As many of you know, regulatory policies in each market differ greatly. When distributors choose to engage in inappropriate pre-market activities, the entire future of Nu Skin operations in that market can be jeopardised. Therefore, distributors are asked to review sections 3.1(c) and 3.5 of Chapter 4 of the Policies and Procedures before participating in any type of pre-market activity in unopened markets.
Unfortunately, Nu Skin was recently informed about inappropriate pre-marketing activities in Bulgaria. Please be advised that Bulgaria is not considered an authorised market and there is currently no scheduled opening date. Therefore, Nu Skin is investigating the actions of the involved Affiliates and will follow a course of action as outlined in Chapter 6 of the Policies and Procedures. Company actions for violations can include but are not limited to, commission withholdings, business suspension, and termination.
At this time, the company asks for your full cooperation in avoiding inappropriate pre-market activity in Bulgaria. Please remember that any violation of the company’s pre-market policies can place the company and your account at risk.
Nu Skin would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation. Our goals are only achievable as a team!
It has recently come to the company’s attention that TikTok, the popular video-sharing platform, has updated its Community Guidelines to prohibit the posting or sharing of content that promotes or depicts multi-level marketing schemes. Consistent with our mission to be a force for good, and in order to uphold the company’s reputation, we are asking that all Brand Affiliates immediately cease any and all promotion of the Nu Skin products and business opportunity through the TikTok platform. Please note that Brand Affiliates may continue to utilize TikTok for non-Nu Skin related personal use.
We are continuing to monitor the situation and will provide further guidance within our Social Sharing Guidelines, as required.
WhatsApp, a well-known global messaging platform, recently updated Business and Commerce Policies for its standalone business application – not to be confused with the personal WhatsApp application. The policies, which apply to all business tools, including the WhatsApp Business app and WhatsApp Business Solution, prohibit businesses from transacting in products or services related to multi-level marketing. Consistent with this policy, any Brand Affiliates utilizing the standalone WhatsApp business application or tools must immediately cease any and all promotion of the Nu Skin products and business opportunity using the business platform.