FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nu Skin Releases its 2021 Social Impact and Sustainability Report
The beauty and wellness company continues to make strides with sustainability efforts and help millions of people in need
PROVO, Utah — April 21, 2022— Nu Skin, a global leader in beauty and wellness, today released its 2021 Social Impact and Sustainability Report. The report outlines the progress on the company’s environmental, social, and governance (ESG) priorities, including its sustainability commitments and global giving efforts. The company released the report to coincide with Earth Day, which celebrates environmental protection and global betterment.
"At Nu Skin, we are passionate about our mission to be a global force for good," said Ruth Todd, chief reputation officer at Nu Skin. "In 2021, we made progress on our sustainability commitments worldwide and built lasting partnerships that lift global communities. We look forward to further enhancing our efforts and continuing to have a greater impact on those in need."
The Nu Skin Force for Good Foundation is at the heart of Nu Skin’s mission to be a force for good. The nonprofit foundation has worked for nearly 25 years to help children around the world in more than 50 countries. The Foundation has generously supported health and wellness projects that benefit hundreds of thousands of children and has helped preserve more than 1.4 million acres of natural habitats to better the planet.
Highlights from the 2021 Social Impact and Sustainability report include:
- Substantial progress toward making all product packaging recycled, recyclable, reusable, reduced or renewable by 2030.
- Reduction/savings of 131 tons of plastic and 34.4 tons of paper as a result of Nu Skin's 2021 packaging efforts.
- At least 267 palm oil derived ingredients, accounting for nearly 70-75% of our ingredient portfolio, achieved RSPO certification (mass balance).
- Nu Skin's Ingredient Dictionary became the company's consumer-facing ingredient accountability, improving consumer awareness of natural and synthetic product ingredients. The company continually updates this directory where consumers can search for product ingredients by name and get information about each ingredient's function.
- Donations from the company's force for good efforts benefited more than 50 million people in more than 35 countries worldwide.
- More than $8.5 million in donations benefited individuals and organizations in the Americas, Asia, Europe, Africa, and the Pacific.
• More than 750 million meals purchased and donated to children in more than 65 countries, including Malawi, Mainland China, Mexico and others through the company’s for-profit Nourish the Children initiative.
To learn more about Nu Skin's social and environmental impact efforts, visit www.nuskin.com/forceforgood.
About Nu Skin
Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. (NYSE: NUS) is a leading beauty and wellness company, powered by a dynamic affiliate opportunity platform. The company helps people look, feel and live their best with products that combine the best of science, technology and nature. Backed by more than 35 years of scientific research, Nu Skin develops innovative products including Nu Skin® personal care, Pharmanex® nutrition and the ageLOC® anti-aging brand which includes an award-winning line of beauty device systems. Nu Skin operates in approximately 50 markets worldwide in the Americas, Asia, Europe, Africa and the Pacific. Rhyz Inc. is the company's strategic investment arm that includes a collection of technology and manufacturing companies to support growth in the core Nu Skin business. Nu Skin is committed to sustainability, including global initiatives such as transitioning to reduced and sustainable packaging for all products by 2030. The Nu Skin Force for Good Foundation also strives to improve children's health, education and economic circumstances throughout the world. For more information, visit nuskin.com.
Nu Skin Social Media Channels
fb.com/nuskin twitter.com/nuskin instagram.com/nuskin fb.com/ForceForGood