Nu Skin Enterprises Shares Growth Strategy And Introduces New Products At Global Sales Event
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NU SKIN ENTERPRISES SHARES GROWTH STRATEGY AND INTRODUCES NEW PRODUCTS AT GLOBAL SALES EVENT
PROVO, Utah — Oct. 18, 2017 — Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. (NYSE: NUS) concluded its Nu Skin global LIVE! event in a sold-out venue in Salt Lake City with the company’s sales leaders and customers, along with tens of thousands of viewers from around the world celebrating online via live stream. During the conference, company leaders outlined Nu Skin’s growth strategy focused on: engaging platforms, enabling products and empowering programs. In addition, the company and its sales leaders raised funds for children’s causes around the world as part of Nu Skin’s Force for Good initiatives.
“The energy from our sales leaders onsite and online was powerful as we leveraged a new format for our global convention, attracting a sell-out audience in Salt Lake City, with even more participating in real time through our Nu Skin LIVE! webcast,” said Ritch Wood, chief executive officer. “We continue to orient our sales leaders on our growth strategy as we work to become the world’s leading opportunity platform, helping people improve their lives and the lives of those around them.”
Leveraging Social-selling Platforms
Speakers during the event highlighted the rise of social selling around the world and the important role it will play in driving future growth at Nu Skin. Company leadership outlined the steps being taken over the next year to engage its sales force with tools and technology that enhance their ability to reach more prospective customers and business builders via social platforms.
Introducing New Products
- Nu Skin unveiled its latest ageLOC skin care device and 18 additional products that have been developed to support sales leaders’ social selling efforts. The new products include:
- ageLOC LumiSpa – a new dual-action skin care device that simultaneously delivers a skin-perfecting treatment and deep cleansing benefits, revealing smoother, softer skin after just one use. LumiSpa was developed by Nu Skin scientists in conjunction with a board-certified dermatologist and validated through rigorous clinical studies. The device features patent-pending micropulse oscillating and pore-purifying motion, which optimizes the benefits of both the skin perfecting treatment and deep cleansing. Its soft silicone treatment head is gentle and hygienic, moving at a precise frequency to promote optimal skin benefits. Customers can choose between two heads, as well as three cleansers that feature a unique ageLOC blend of ingredients, based on their individual preferences and skin type.
- PowerLIPS Fluid – intense, long-lasting lip color that contains a special blend of skin-nourishing ingredients to help soothe, smooth and prevent dry-out over time. With an easy, one-step application, the unique and comfortable lip color formula goes on smooth without feathering or bleeding.
- Dr. Dana™ Nail Renewal System – the first and only dermatologist-developed nail care system designed to not simply cover-up nail appearance issues, but actually solve them. Dr. Dana’s nail renewal products are clinically proven to transform dry, damaged, rough, ridged, or over-processed nails by exfoliating and hydrating nails for a healthier, stronger, more lustrous appearance in less than 10 minutes.
- Rau – a new high-performance, natural beauty line that combines the highest quality natural ingredients from around the world with a crowd-funding philanthropy program. The first three products of this new beauty line feature raw African marula oil. Made from the marula nut, marula oil has been an African beauty secret for centuries and is recognized today as a high-performance natural ingredient that provides intense skin nourishment.
Announcing New Sales and Customer Loyalty Programs
The company announced a new program called “Velocity” that provides more flexible and timely rewards for sales leaders. In addition, the company announced plans to introduce “Blu Rewards,” a new customer loyalty rewards program designed to enhance the customer experience with tiered recognition and flexible point redemption.
Raising Funds for Children’s Causes
Another highlight of Nu Skin LIVE! was the fundraising dinner and auction, with proceeds going directly to the company’s charitable initiatives that improve the lives of children by offering hope for a life free from disease, illiteracy and poverty. The fundraising from the dinner and auction, as well as other on-site fundraising initiatives, generated more than $2.2 million in donations for the company’s global Force for Good projects.
About Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc.
Founded more than 30 years ago, Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. develops and distributes innovative consumer products, offering a comprehensive line of premium-quality beauty and wellness solutions. The company builds upon its scientific expertise in both skin care and nutrition to continually develop innovative product brands that include the Nu Skin®personal care brand, the Pharmanex® nutrition brand, and most recently, the ageLOC® anti-aging brand. The ageLOC brand has generated a loyal following for such products as the ageLOC Youth nutritional supplement, the ageLOC Me® customized skin care system, as well as the ageLOC TR90® weight management and body shaping system. Nu Skin sells its products through a global network of sales leaders in Asia, the Americas, Europe, Africa and the Pacific. As a long-standing member of direct selling associations globally, Nu Skin is committed to the industry's consumer guidelines that protect and support those who sell and purchase its products through the direct selling channel. Nu Skin is also traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "NUS." More information is available at nuskin.com.
Please Note: This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended that represent the company's current expectations and beliefs. All statements other than statements of historical fact are "forward-looking statements" for purposes of federal and state securities laws and include, but are not limited to, statements of management's expectations regarding the company's sales force, new products and initiatives and the achievement of the initiatives’ expected outcomes; statements of belief; and statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. In some cases, you can identify these statements by forward-looking words such as "believe," "expect," "project," "anticipate," "estimate," "intend," "plan," "targets," "likely," "will," "would," "could," "may," "might," the negative of these words and other similar words. The forward-looking statements and related assumptions involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results and outcomes to differ materially from any forward-looking statements or views expressed herein. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, any failure of current or planned initiatives or products to generate interest among our sales force and customers and generate sponsoring and selling activities on a sustained basis. The company's financial performance and the forward-looking statements contained herein are further qualified by a detailed discussion of associated risks set forth in the documents filed by the company with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The forward-looking statements set forth the company's beliefs as of the date that such information was first provided and the company assumes no duty to update the forward-looking statements contained in this release to reflect any change except as required by law.
Nu Skin Social Media Channels
Media: email@example.com, (801) 345-6397
Investors: firstname.lastname@example.org, (801) 345-3577
# # #