Nu Skin Enterprises Provides Financial Guidance at its Investor Day
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Investors — Scott Pond (801) 345-2657, email@example.com
Media — Kara Schneck (801) 345-2116, firstname.lastname@example.org
NU SKIN ENTERPRISES PROVIDES FINANCIAL GUIDANCE AT ITS INVESTOR DAY
PROVO, Utah — Dec. 7, 2016 — In connection with its annual investor day, Nu Skin Enterprises (NYSE:NUS) today updated financial guidance for 2016 and provided initial guidance for 2017. Nu Skin’s management team will share details of the company’s 2017 and longer-term growth plans later today at its annual investor conference.
For 2016, the company expects a return to local-currency revenue growth, with anticipated reported revenue of approximately $2.225 billion. The company expects fourth-quarter earnings per share to be near the high end of its previous guidance, with revenue near the low end of the guidance range due to the strength of the U.S. dollar since the election.
“We are encouraged by our prospects for 2017 and anticipate revenue growth in most of our regions,” said Truman Hunt, president and chief executive officer. “In 2017, we plan to execute on strong product and promotional initiatives that are aimed at accelerating growth.”
The company projects 2017 revenue of $2.26 to 2.30 billion, representing local-currency growth of 4 to 6 percent. This revenue level reflects a negative foreign currency impact of approximately 3 to 4 percent. Earnings per share are estimated to be $3.10 to $3.25.
A webcast of Nu Skin’s investor conference will begin today at 9 a.m. EST and will be available at ir.nuskin.com. A replay of the webcast, along with accompanying slides and financial information, will be made available from the same location through the end of the year.
About Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc.
Founded more than 30 years ago, Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. develops and distributes innovative consumer products, offering a comprehensive line of premium-quality beauty and wellness solutions in more than 50 markets worldwide. The company builds upon its scientific expertise in both skin care and nutrition to continually develop innovative product brands that include the Nu Skin® personal care brand, the Pharmanex® nutrition brand, and most recently, the ageLOC® anti-aging brand. Since its introduction in 2008, the ageLOC brand has generated more than $5 billion in sales, and built a loyal following for such products as the ageLOC Youth nutritional supplement, the ageLOC Me® customized skin care system, as well as the ageLOC TR90® weight management and body shaping system. Nu Skin sells its products through a global network of sales leaders. As a long-standing member of direct selling associations globally, Nu Skin is committed to the industry's consumer guidelines that protect and support those who sell and purchase its products through the direct selling channel. Nu Skin is also traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "NUS." More information is available at nuskin.com.
Please note: This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, that represent the company's current expectations and beliefs. All statements other than statements of historical fact are "forward-looking statements" for purposes of federal and state securities laws and include, but are not limited to, statements of management's expectations regarding the company's performance, initiatives, growth and product offerings; projections regarding the company’s 2016 and 2017 sales, earnings per share and foreign currency fluctuations; statements of belief; and statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. In some cases, you can identify these statements by forward-looking words such as "believe," "expect," "project," “prospects,” "estimate," "anticipate," "plan," "will," "would," "could," "may," "might," the negative of these words and other similar words.
The forward-looking statements and related assumptions involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results and outcomes to differ materially from any forward-looking statements or views expressed herein. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, the following:
· any failure of current or planned initiatives or products to generate interest among our sales force and customers and generate sponsoring and selling activities on a sustained basis;
· risk of foreign currency fluctuations and the currency translation impact on the company's business associated with these fluctuations;
· risk that direct selling laws and regulations in any of our markets, including the United States and China, may be modified, interpreted or enforced in a manner that results in negative changes to our business model or negatively impacts our revenue, sales force or business, including through the interruption of sales activities, loss of licenses, imposition of fines, or any other adverse actions or events;
· risks related to accurately predicting, delivering or maintaining sufficient quantities of products to support our planned initiatives or launch strategies, and increased risk of inventory write-offs if we over-forecast demand for a product or change our planned initiatives or launch strategies;
· regulatory risks associated with the company's products, which could require the company to modify its claims or inhibit the company's ability to import or continue selling a product in a market if it is determined to be a medical device or if it is unable to register the product in a timely manner under applicable regulatory requirements;
· adverse publicity related to the company's business, products, industry or any legal actions or complaints by the company's sales force or others;
· unpredictable economic conditions and events globally;
· any prospective or retrospective increases in duties on the company's products imported into the company's markets outside of the United States and any adverse results of tax audits or unfavorable changes to tax laws in the company's various markets; and
· continued competitive pressures in the company's markets.
The company's financial performance and the forward-looking statements contained herein are further qualified by a detailed discussion of associated risks set forth in the documents filed by the company with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The forward-looking statements set forth the company's beliefs as of the date that such information was first provided and the company assumes no duty to update the forward-looking statements contained in this release to reflect any change except as required by law.