Job Title: Market Analyst
Department: Distributor Success Analytics
Job Hours: FT: M-F 9am-5pm
Grade: 11, 12, 13
FLSA Designation: Exempt
Close Date: until filled
Ensure that corporate business opportunity objectives and best practices are being maximized by analyzing the progress and success of distributors, customers, and market programs and forecasting ROI's on NSE's business initiatives.
- Identify the fundamental business building attributes of the global distributor force including product consumption, distributor sponsoring, longevity/retention and business duplication, as well as leadership recognition, motivation, and development.
- Perform the DSP segmentation project:
- a.Determine customer and distributor profiles and behavior scoring, including needs, motivators, realized revenue, products purchased, etc.
- b.Analyze all attitudinal, behavioral, and demographic survey results.
- c.Identify priority segments based on revenue opportunity, acquisition potential, persistency opportunity, share-taking opportunity, etc.
- Determine, track, and communicate performance related to corporate/market leading and predictive indicators.
- Develop and implement relevant targeting models (response, propensity-to-buy, attrition, lifetime value, etc.) that help the business achieve strategic goals and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions. The objective of such targeting modeling is to maximize satisfaction levels, repeat usage rates, and customer lifetime value.
- Develop predictive models (longitudinal views of customer behavior, survival, hazard probability, cross-sell, upsell, penetration, customer acquisition, etc.) that enable CRM initiatives. Evaluate the profitability and risk dynamics of these initiatives.
- Assess existing market/division strategic initiatives to determine legitimate corporate value vs. financial investment and distributor productivity, growth, motivation, and rewards.
- Collaborate with local market and the Commissions Management Services department in the development of business incentives.
- Responsible for tracking, analyzing, and reporting best practices and opportunities to maximize distributor effectiveness and efficiency for each market on a periodic basis.
- Maintain a library of analyses and other pertinent information related to the progress and success of distributors, customers, programs and incentives across all markets. This library should also record final program results, recommendations, and metadata for generating the results.
- 1As requested, attend meetings with Executive Management in order to provide adequate representation and in-depth customer insights.
- 1Present information to NSE management and marketing in a professional and timely manner.
- 1Collaborate effectively in a team environment with a diverse group of people across organizational and international boundaries.
- 1Continually seek, learn and adopt new reporting technologies and innovations to increase efficiency.
- 1Complete assigned tasks on schedule, ensuring accurate, high quality results under pressure.
- 1Host brainstorming sessions and work with individual proponents to drive thoughts and ideas.
- 1Have direct accountability for major projects.
- 1Establish the overall strategy and approach to completing a project, including training needed for the project team, reporting structure of the project, frequency of interaction between managers and reports, number and frequency of project team meetings, need for and extent of involvement of external project stakeholders, the nature of the change control process, and training needed for end-users.
- 1Any additional projects as assigned by management.
Level 1 Qualifications:
- B.A./B.S. degree with quantitative emphasis or equivalent experience (i.e. marketing, economics, econometrics, analytics, accounting, statistics, engineering, finance, or math background) required.
- M.B.A. with emphasis in marketing or finance preferred.
- Two to four years of research experience required.
- Two years experience with basic statistical techniques (exploratory and hypothesis testing, t-testing, regression, histograms, and cross-tabs) required.
- Two years of work experience in business/market analysis required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial analysis (Excel functions, NPV, ROI, IRR, financial statement analysis, & net income) required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of segmentation analysis, targeting, and CRM required.
- Two years data extraction and analysis (using database query language) experience required. Working knowledge of Oracle SQL query language preferred.
- Experience with analytical tools such as Hyperion, MicroStrategy, or SAS preferred.
- 1Two years experience with SAS, SPSS, or R statistical application software preferred.
- 1One year experience with risk analysis and monte carlo simulation software (e.g. Crystal Ball, HLM, etc.) preferred.
- 1Two years of Account Management, CMS or direct sales industry related experience preferred.
- 1Experience in marketing and promotion preferred.
- 1Understand the formal steps associated with the marketing process: market trend analysis, strategic conceptualization, program development and implementation; while employing effective follow-up throughout the process.
- 1Understand the formal areas of consideration associated in developing business strategy: company mission, external environment, internal environment, long-term objectives and grand strategies, strategic analysis and choice, implementation and measurement.
- 1Experience in project management, end-user training, and management reporting preferred.
- 1Comprehensive knowledge of NSE global compensation plan preferred; working knowledge of data storage related to application of that plan preferred.
- 1Comprehensive understanding of direct selling industry in general and NSE's vision and corporate priorities.
- 1Demonstrated ability in defining, creating, and summarizing program results via detailed analyses and reports.
- 2Demonstrated knowledge of Excel, Word, and Power Point, with particular expertise in visual presentation techniques across these software tools.
- 2Demonstrated ability in previous work experience to draw actionable insights from data.
- 2Keeps commitments and delivers under pressure.
- 2Established internal and external network of key business leaders within all divisions and markets.
- 2Must be self-motivated and self-directed.
- 2Excellent organizational skills.
Level 2 Qualifications:
- Minimum two years of experience as a Market Analyst I, or equivalent experience, required.
- Demonstrated experience with intermediate statistical techniques (multiple regression, time series analysis, discriminant analysis, multinomial logistic regression, factor analysis, and Structural Equations Modeling) required.
- Demonstrated ability to support segmentation analysis, targeting, and CRM required.
- Demonstrated experience with SAS, SPSS, or R statistical application software required.
- Demonstrated experience with analytical tools such as Hyperion, MicroStrategy, or SAS required.
- Able to work independently from management by proactively researching and supporting projects that contain information valuable to NSE.
Level 3 Qualifications:
- M.B.A. with quantitative emphasis or equivalent experience (i.e. marketing, economics, econometrics, analytics, accounting, statistics, engineering, finance, or math background) required.
- Minimum two years of experience as a Market Analyst II, or equivalent experience, required.
- Demonstrated experience with advanced statistical techniques (cluster analysis, decision trees, survival analysis, and hazard analysis) required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial analysis skills such as simulation, model creation, forecasting, and MCMC required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage/lead segmentation analysis, targeting, forecasting, and CRM required.
- Demonstrated experience with risk analysis and monte carlo simulation software (e.g. Crystal Ball, HLM, etc.) required.
- Able to work independently from management by managing at least 1 major (multi-million dollar) project central to NSE global success.